Why learn Khmer cooking with us?
- Cambodia Cooking Class was established by the owner of frizz restaurant, offering traditional genuine Cambodian cuisine. The restaurant has gained a reputation for offering tasty Khmer food. The logical next step was to open a cooking school to spread the knowledge.
- We only teach Cambodian cooking so that all our time is devoted to continually up-grading and improving our courses and facilities.
- At some cooking schools, much of the preparation (like cutting ingredients) has already been done. That way they can squeeze in more dishes in a shorter time. Not so with us! You will prepare every dish from scratch. Takes more time, but not only will you learn more, it's much more fun. We even heard of cooking schools where the chef only demonstrates. Well, that's like watching a cookery show on tv, which is probably not why you signed up for a cooking school...
- Where at some other cooking schools you get a simple leaflet or they send their recipes to you by email, with us you will get a colourful 16-page recipe booklet, with full-colour pictures and descriptions of ALL dishes in our courses, so you can recreate beautiful Khmer dishes at home!
- Our teacher/cook speaks English of a very high standard. As he spends considerable time at the cooking school each day, now he almost speaks more English than Khmer!
- At our cooking school everybody has his or her own gas ring and work surface so that under no circumstances will you ever have to share and waste time waiting around for your turn to cook. The classes are limited to a maximum of ten participants to ensure individual attention for everyone.
- And last but not least: already a few months after we opened the Cambodia Cooking Class got recommendations in two leading travel magazines: Meridiani Travel (Italy) and Food & Travel (UK), followed by Fah Thai (inflight magazine of Bangkok Airways), Untamed Travel, AsiaLife and the Cambodia Daily. We were recommended in the 2008 editions of Lonely Planet Cambodia and the Footprint Guide.
- In the September/October 2007 issue of Fah Thai magazine the Cambodia Cooking Class was featured in the article 'Six of Asia's best cooking schools'.
- Furthermore, our cookery class was featured on a number of tv shows: Channel News Asia's programme 'Taste Matters', on Chinese CCTV9, on Taiwan's SET-tv, and the Khmer channel of Voice of America TV. Needless to say we are very proud of this acknowledgement of our work.
Have we convinced you of taking a course at our cooking school? If not, please tell us why, or get some more information via the Contact
page. You can also first view some cooking school pictures
If yes, we invite you to make a booking.
See you soon at the Cambodia Cooking Class!
The Cambodia Cooking Class is recommended by: